Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reasons Within Reason

So before I start getting really into posting many pieces that I have written or will write, I suppose I should first go into why I write, and the reasons behind the style. My main influences in writing consist primarily of rock, metal and underground hip-hop artists. I find them to have the most meaning behind their words. To me words are simply pieces of a greater puzzle, and when pieced together in the right way can be a beautiful thing. If you think it's strange to write poems and such, then I pity your narrow-minded mentality.

I write for the simple fact that it is my way of expression. Though not all the time, I am the type of person to keep most emotions to myself when there are others around (aside from anger, which many people love to express the instant they feel it). This is how I get perspective on what I feel and it help me deal with certain things. The main reason however, is not so much for myself, but for others to read. The simplest of poems or lyrics can have an unbelievable impact on the most unexpected of readers. I enjoy writing for that off-chance that someone will read it and it will help them in some way, whether it be emotionally, mentally, inspirational, or if it even were to make someone just think for a moment.

Well, if you took the time to read this, thank you. I hope you check back and read some of my work, and hopefully it may have some type of positive effect on you.

4 comments:

  1. I'll go ahead and follow you and be sure to check out your posts in the future. Poetry is awesome, but I'm not really the greatest at analyzing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be waiting for your posts then. Hoping it can make a good impact ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your next post, now following!

    ReplyDelete